Friday, July 6, 2007

Mommy, I am Laugh-Crying!











It was a couple of nights ago when Stacey was cleaning her ears (she has one week before she gets to change into her new earrings) and Dawn said "I wish I had my ears pierced!" I asked her if she wanted to go and get hers done. She said "YES!" without any hesitation. So yesterday afternoon (she still wanted to get it done) we waited until Daddy came home and made it a girls night outing. Dawn bounced all through the store while we waited for the two ladies to be ready to pierce her ears. She hopped up in the chair and knew right what to do after seeing her sister just 5 weeks earlier. She chose to hug the stuffed bear and Mommy's hand. She was so cute and excited as she wrinkled up her face and got ready for the little bit of hurt. She was very brave and cried right away for about 10 seconds. I kept whispering in her ear, "It's done, it's done, Honey it's all done!" I grabbed a mirror from the lady there so she could see they were actually done and the tears stopped and she started shaking incontrollably and laughing! She said to me "Look Mommy, I am Laugh-Crying, it hurts but I am so happy to have pierced ears!" And have them she does.

No comments: