"All I want is to hold you forever, all I need is you more every day. You saved my heart from being broken apart, you gave your love away, and I'm thankful everyday - for the Gift".
At Christmastime I ponder the second greatest (first greatest on earth) gift I have ever received: David Sloan. He is consistent, devoted, understanding, caring, hard working, handsome, courageous, talented, and the list goes on.
It is hard to believe that we have been married for over 16 years. It isn't at all what I expected when we stood out on the beach in Gladewater, Texas on January 21, 1992. I said "yes" after quite a bit of coaxing - not because I had any other answer to give, but instead because it was the day I had dreamed of for so long and it actually took a few seconds to register that this man was actually asking me to marry him. I mean, we had the reception hall already booked, but this was the actual proposal, there was a ring...everything seemed a little blurry...it was something that up until then was one of those moments I had only pictured in my mind.
Nope, this marriage has not been at all what I expected. I am glad, because if I had known about the bad times we have experienced beforehand it would have been harder to agree to the union. But on the flip side, if I had been limited in experience to what I imagined, I would have come up short of what we have been given - I would have missed so much! That is what life is all about though, taking the chance that we will be better together than we ever would be apart. That has been proven over and over again. I love this man, and I love who I am because I am his.
At Christmastime I ponder the second greatest (first greatest on earth) gift I have ever received: David Sloan. He is consistent, devoted, understanding, caring, hard working, handsome, courageous, talented, and the list goes on.
It is hard to believe that we have been married for over 16 years. It isn't at all what I expected when we stood out on the beach in Gladewater, Texas on January 21, 1992. I said "yes" after quite a bit of coaxing - not because I had any other answer to give, but instead because it was the day I had dreamed of for so long and it actually took a few seconds to register that this man was actually asking me to marry him. I mean, we had the reception hall already booked, but this was the actual proposal, there was a ring...everything seemed a little blurry...it was something that up until then was one of those moments I had only pictured in my mind.
Nope, this marriage has not been at all what I expected. I am glad, because if I had known about the bad times we have experienced beforehand it would have been harder to agree to the union. But on the flip side, if I had been limited in experience to what I imagined, I would have come up short of what we have been given - I would have missed so much! That is what life is all about though, taking the chance that we will be better together than we ever would be apart. That has been proven over and over again. I love this man, and I love who I am because I am his.
1 comment:
What a wonderful testimony of your love!!!
Post a Comment