So what do you do when you have a blog called "Fun with Four" and you find out you have miraculously conceived child number Five? Is there a way to change your blog site without creating a whole new blog? This is just one of the MANY questions that I have asked in the past five weeks or so since we found out every doctor we have ever been to is wrong when they said we would NEVER conceive a child without the help of at least 3 or 4 other people in white lab coats present. Seems as though after 16 1/2 years of marriage we figured it out - not even trying (and we have done PLENTY of trying during our life togeter - we tried every trick in the book way back when). There are so many things to share about this miracle child - how God works in mysterious ways and how after going through the grieving process a year and a half ago losing our precious Amy at 11 weeks (see March 2008 post), we got rid of every stitch of baby stuff we owned (after our garage sale we gave the leftover stuff to the red cross for the flood victims in town - so I mean EVERYTHING!). We just chuckle when we think of how hard we tried to get Zach out of a crib before the garage sale - failing miserably. Thankful of his timing now, we do have a crib for this little peanut to sleep in when he/she arrives. I am terribly behind the eight ball this time around when every other child of ours has had a name by now. I have had to spend too much time getting over the shock this time! :) After seeing a very active baby on our ultrasound at 12 weeks I think it is sinking in. Only a few more weeks and I will feel like getting out of the recliner and getting back to my old routine, the cooking and cleaning and taking care of my family. Maybe it is because I am so "old" this time around, but I am having trouble getting past the nausea and constant hormone headache. Should be just a couple of weeks more...at least if this one is anything like the other four! With or without the questions answered...we embark on the next great ADVENTURE!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Don't You Mean "Fun with Five"?
So what do you do when you have a blog called "Fun with Four" and you find out you have miraculously conceived child number Five? Is there a way to change your blog site without creating a whole new blog? This is just one of the MANY questions that I have asked in the past five weeks or so since we found out every doctor we have ever been to is wrong when they said we would NEVER conceive a child without the help of at least 3 or 4 other people in white lab coats present. Seems as though after 16 1/2 years of marriage we figured it out - not even trying (and we have done PLENTY of trying during our life togeter - we tried every trick in the book way back when). There are so many things to share about this miracle child - how God works in mysterious ways and how after going through the grieving process a year and a half ago losing our precious Amy at 11 weeks (see March 2008 post), we got rid of every stitch of baby stuff we owned (after our garage sale we gave the leftover stuff to the red cross for the flood victims in town - so I mean EVERYTHING!). We just chuckle when we think of how hard we tried to get Zach out of a crib before the garage sale - failing miserably. Thankful of his timing now, we do have a crib for this little peanut to sleep in when he/she arrives. I am terribly behind the eight ball this time around when every other child of ours has had a name by now. I have had to spend too much time getting over the shock this time! :) After seeing a very active baby on our ultrasound at 12 weeks I think it is sinking in. Only a few more weeks and I will feel like getting out of the recliner and getting back to my old routine, the cooking and cleaning and taking care of my family. Maybe it is because I am so "old" this time around, but I am having trouble getting past the nausea and constant hormone headache. Should be just a couple of weeks more...at least if this one is anything like the other four! With or without the questions answered...we embark on the next great ADVENTURE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats! I've been missing so many MOPS...and this last one I was working with moppets...so hopefully I will make it to the next one. Hope you are feeling good and getting lots of rest!
I am sooo thrilled for you both!!! Can't wait to hear what name you have picked out!
Post a Comment