
I am not that good at figuring out how to put multiple pictures on my blog attractively. I hope this blog ends up looking nice because the pulling of a tooth is a process and you really can't cover it with just one picture. A couple days ago we realized that there was a tooth in Dawn's mouth that was loose enough for her to get out if she put her mind to it. So, that is what she did, decided it was coming out and then worked at it. Grandma was over for the afternoon to watch the kids while I had a doctor's appointment and this is what was happening when I returned. Dawn had two envious siblings who have been waiting for over a year now for some sign of lose teeth. Their daddy and I both were "late" when it came to losing teeth so we have been encouraging them to be patient. She was getting all kinds of suggestions as to how to get the tooth out. Grandma got so wrapped up in the excitement that she decided to stay until the tooth was out. Twisting, pushing, biting into an apple, grabbing a tissue and just wiggling it, all of these techniques were tried. It was exciting when a little blood showed up on the tissue because that meant that something had loosened. It was pretty much all of the sudden when we heard a squeal and "I have it!!" along with a lot of giggling and laughing as we huddled around to see the hole. We had told her that it didn't really hurt too much, it just felt weird and Dawn confirmed that it did indeed feel weird when it came out. I have to admit I will be a little sad as those grown up teeth come in and my kids start looking like big kids! Stacey has a lose tooth and Dawn has another on the top she has been working on. Time flies...I remember very clearly the day when my first baby got her first tooth - the very same tooth that came out two days ago! It has done its job and now the tooth fairy will visit - the first of many visits to come. Sniffle, smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment