Saturday, July 17, 2010

On the Road


We really enjoyed our trip to Georgia in June. There was a lot of car riding and the kids did so good. No, I mean SO good! Let me explain...on the very first leg of the trip our DVD player broke! That is how we have travelled since Zach was small. He was used to nothing else on long trips and so I was afraid we would have to fork out $200 on the trip to replace the player. Much to my delight, everyone had a good time in the car!

I had printed out a folder for each of the kids with travel activities inside. Zach had his "letter" and "number" books and enjoyed looking for cows, horses, trees, etc. out the window. Stacey wowed us all when by the time we arrived home, had found 43 of the 50 state license plates! Thanks to her dad for finding Alaska and Hawaii! I got to enjoy some reading and some digital scrapbooking in the car without very many trips to the back of the van to "work out kinks"!

Stacey also did such a good job taking care of Matthew. She fed bottles, Cheerios and entertained when necessary. Many travel BINGOs were called out along the way as well. The last leg was spent singing songs and looking forward to being home in our own beds. It was a very good trip!

No comments: