Sunday, December 26, 2010

Precious Moments

The girls and I took a road trip while we were in Branson and drove up to Carthage, MO to the Precious Moments chapel. The girls picked out their first figures. We stopped at Olive Garden and shared a yummy lunch of soup and salad and the whole day became and adventure when we drove through very heavy rain and thunderstorms.
Thankfully we enjoyed taking in all of the sights there and Dawn is on the quest for her favorite figurine that I am afraid has been retired for many years. We did ask the ladies in the gift shop and they said there was once a figure like it but no more info other than that. I loved how the girls were taken in by the beauty of this little place off the beaten path. I love when I can share a passion with my kids.
We were sad that they don't do the light and water show anymore. I had told the girls that it was really cool when Grandma and I were there about nine years ago. There were a lot of figurines to choose from and it took a little while for the girls to pick out their perfect "firsts" for their collection.

No comments: