Thursday, January 25, 2007

Katie and Susie's ear piercing experience

Although the girls have said they are not ready to get their ears pierced, they were very excited to bring their dolls (Katie and Susie) to Mommy's jewelry store and get their ears pierced. Daddy took some pictures for Katie and Susie's scrapbook and the girls picked out the perfect pair of earrings for both of their babies.

Katie and Susie were both very brave and the girls were impressed with their babies and how well they did getting their ears pierced. (they of course held their hands and talked gentle words to them as I poked pins through their ears - the dolls ears, not the girls!) I asked them after it was all over if they would like to get their ears pierced and they said NO! So, it is okay with me if they live vicariously through their "babies" at least for now.

They have become quite the little mommy's lately and take very good care of their girls. It is fun for me to hear them talking and caring for their dolls. They also do the same for some of their stuffed animals so there is definitely plenty of love to go around for the dolls and all of the "critters" they fall in love with and just "have to" have in bed with them each night! One of my favorite sayings is "A little girls heart must be wide and deep to hold all the things that she likes to keep"! It is so true with our girls.

Life is never dull around here, I have found as a mom to little girls (well, and little boys actually) that I wear way more hats than I ever imagined I would wear! It is a fulfilling role that I find myself in and one I wouldn't trade for anything!

Every day is a new adventure whether it is for my children or any one or more of their toys. It is a magical world times three when you live with 4 year old triplets!

No comments: