This past Monday was David's birthday. So we now enter into the three months each year where he is older than me (he is always three months older than me, but these are the three months where the numbers show that fact). What is the biggest blessing about growing older? That I can be more in love with this man now than I was last year. Do we fill each other's embrace a little fuller than we did when we were both many pounds lighter? Yes. Do we see a few more wrinkles around the edges of our faces than we did over 19 years ago when we first met? Yes. Can I truly say that as we grow older I am thankful for birthdays? Yes. Yes, because it means another year that we have made memories that last for our lifetime and those of our children. This year found us celebrating around a table by the grill at Kaji's eating all of our favorite things there. Somewhere between the "Japanese volcano" and the salt shaker being thrown behind the back of the chef, I found myself thinking "this is a perfect moment". You know those moments, the ones when there is not another place in the world you would rather be. I have noticed as we grow older there are a lot more of those in our lives. For that I am truly thankful. I owe it all to God and the man He gave to me.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Celebrating
This past Monday was David's birthday. So we now enter into the three months each year where he is older than me (he is always three months older than me, but these are the three months where the numbers show that fact). What is the biggest blessing about growing older? That I can be more in love with this man now than I was last year. Do we fill each other's embrace a little fuller than we did when we were both many pounds lighter? Yes. Do we see a few more wrinkles around the edges of our faces than we did over 19 years ago when we first met? Yes. Can I truly say that as we grow older I am thankful for birthdays? Yes. Yes, because it means another year that we have made memories that last for our lifetime and those of our children. This year found us celebrating around a table by the grill at Kaji's eating all of our favorite things there. Somewhere between the "Japanese volcano" and the salt shaker being thrown behind the back of the chef, I found myself thinking "this is a perfect moment". You know those moments, the ones when there is not another place in the world you would rather be. I have noticed as we grow older there are a lot more of those in our lives. For that I am truly thankful. I owe it all to God and the man He gave to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment